Mayak Eggs

 


          Because of Kdrama invasion all over Asia or even all over the world Korean culture became well loved, interesting and likeable among Kdrama fans. Cravings and curiousity is being part of watching Kdrama.Kimchi, soju,banana milk,fish cake,korean noodles, seaweed soup,samgyupsal one of the Korean food that made us salivate and crave their food while having mix emotions enjoying per Kdrama episodes. If I can just buy immediately those featured Korean food in every Kdrama I've watched how I wish I can! Honestly Korean food and the way Korean ate their food adds excitement in every Kdrama.



          Fortunate people can easily satisfy their cravings.One click or drive away they can buy whatever they want. But for unfortunate person like me who is not financially stable that the ultimate dream is to travelto Korea, eat Korean food and meet my favorite Korean actor. A dream is just a dream until it will turn into reality. 


Korean noodles yeah eat Korean noodles even if you can't resist the super spicy flavor of it and trying hard to  use the  chopticks just to feel the Kfeels and feed your curiousity.

           While scrolling my Facebook newsfeed I saw a video of a recipe about Korean marinated egg called Mayak. I watched it and then I was amazed of how it was done. The procedure is simple and the ingredients are easy to find and affordable. Even though I did'nt see it yet in Kdrama that what they called Mayak egg I want to try it because of my curiosity in Korean food.I am excited to do my own cooking but it takes 3 months for me to try cooking it.I am thinking about the result and how it taste like.

           I just want to share my own way of preparing Mayak egg.

These are the ingredients:

6 pieces medium egg

1/2 cup soy sauce

1tablespoon vinegar

1tablespoon sesame seeds

sesame oil just a few drops

1 tablespoon dice garlic & onion

1tablespoon spring onion 

chili 

Procedure :

*Boil the egg for 6 - 10 minutes. Note: Put 1 tablespoon vinegar to the boiling water to avoid the egg from cracking and it help to easily remove egg shell.

*Put cooked egg in ice water to stop the cooking process.

*Remove egg shell and set aside.

*In a container combine chopped onion,garlic,spring onion,chili,sesame seeds and oil, soy sauce,vinegar and water. Mix it well then put boiled egg. Refrigerate for 10 hours or  all night.The longer it stored the more flavorful it is.

      Mayak egg is like itlog na pula or itlog na maalat ( Filipino salted egg) the difference is, Filipino salted egg is just a plain salty egg while Korean marinated egg has a blended flavor because of the taste of garlic,onion,spring onion and the sesame brings a rare taste plus the spiciness of the chili. It's appetizing and perfect paired with tomatoes like Filipino salted egg  do but it's good with steam vegetables like okra(lady finger) eggplant or kamote tops. It's good paired with rice during breakfast too.




Kalderetang Siomai and egg



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alamat ng Balimbing

Chicken Feet Soup Filipino Style

Tofu Recipes and Health Benefits